Vulnerable Clients Administrator
We require a Vulnerable Clients Administrator to monitor data relating to the Firm’s vulnerable clients and provide support to Advisers where required, and to provide guidance on lasting powers of attorney and assist with the administration of deceased accounts (Bereavement Services).
Vulnerable Clients Data
- Creation of reports by business unit of clients marked as vulnerable
- To monitor these accounts, ensuring that all necessary actions have been taken
- To provide assistance and guidance where the adviser is unsure what actions to take in respect of their vulnerable clients
- To liaise with each business unit to ensure all advisers are aware of their obligation to ensure that clients with vulnerabilities receive a good service
Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Checking the forms that are received by Business Support or Advisers to ensure they are correctly registered and that they contain all relevant clauses.
- Providing guidance and advice on how the different types of POA work to advisers.
- Some client contact regarding new LPAs (creating and registering with Office of Public Guardian).
- Monitoring controls to ensure no account activity after a client has died but before probate has been received.
- Informing nominees of changes to client’s deceased status.
- Updating client accounts.
- Liaising with third parties regarding executor instructions.
- Preparation of and monitoring of letters of indemnity for the release of funds for IHT or (with Compliance approval) for sales due to market conditions.
- Requesting probate valuations and charging as necessary.
- Ensuring instructions are carried out in timely manner.
- Providing reports to third parties as required.
- Maintaining records internally regarding deceased. accounts.
- Monitoring debts on deceased accounts.
- Ensuring estates are aware of rules surrounding additional permitted subscriptions.
- Identifying opportunities for retaining assets or obtaining new business.
Competencies / Skillset
Qualifications / Experience Required
The jobholder will:
- Have good administration experience
- Have a good knowledge of Excel
- Have knowledge or experience of dealing with sensitive client matters
- Have knowledge of Lasting Powers of Attorney and of the Mental Capacity Act (if possible)
9.00am – 5.30pm, Monday to Friday