Senior Trustee Services Advisor
Ipswich or Mayfair
We require a Senior Trustee Services Advisor to deal with all aspects of the will writing and power of attorney services, administration of estates and some trusts including preparation of accounts, and assisting junior members of the team with their training and development.
Will Writing Service
- Writing Wills and other documents based on instructions received from clients
- Discussing instructions and queries from clients and their advisors in correspondence and at meetings. Dealing with technical correspondence as necessary.
- Maintaining records relating to Wills
- Processing Will Writing fee payments.
- Dealing with sundry queries and correspondence relating to inoperative Will appointments (much of which is of a technical nature)
- Reviews of existing wills
Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Writing LPAs based on instructions received from clients
- Discussing instructions and queries from clients, their families and advisors in correspondence and at meetings.
- To register/handle and supervise the appointment of Killik & Co Trustees Limited as Attorney under an Enduring Power of Attorney (“EPA”) and all matters arising and resulting there from.
- Assisting with reviews of existing LPAs
- To handle executorships cases at all stages from the first notification of death to the completion of administration. This will include
- Initial meeting with family
- Insuring property
- Appointment of solicitors and preparation of information to enable them to apply for probate
- Liaising with Investment Managers and Wealth Planning as appropriate
- Advising the family/beneficiaries on IHT matters
- Making distributions and payments to HMRC
- Collecting in assets
- Preparation of allocation statements/accounts/R185 certificates
- To assist as required with the administration of Trusts on an ongoing basis and to deal with the distribution of a Trust following the death of the lifetime beneficiary.
- To agree devolutions of Estates and Trusts by reference to the Will or Trust Deed.
- To make frequent and far-reaching decisions on the action to be taken on the progress of specific Will Writing cases, Estates and Powers of Attorney.
- Recognising referrals to investment managers and/or wealth planners
- Associated administration for all the above
- Providing assistance/guidance of a technical nature to other areas of the business including provision of training workshops to new recruits (in other areas of the business)
Competencies / Skillset
The Job holder will:
- Have knowledge of the laws surrounding wills and lasting powers of attorney and some experience of dealing with these.
- Have awareness of opportunities and implications of “post death” tax planning (Deeds of Variation etc).
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to deal with bereaved family members at a sensitive time.
- The ability to deal with the many types of assets which can make up a deceased‘s estate.
- Keep beneficiaries, Co Executors and Trustees informed of progress (and have queries answered) orally in written form and at meetings.
- Being a diligent, thorough worker who is able to work unsupervised on all matters
- In all matters have the ability to judge between priorities of similar degrees of importance is essential
- Have the ability to judge new business opportunities and how these should be progressed.
- Play a significant part in marketing all relevant areas of Trustee Services business
Qualifications / Experience Required
- Be a full member of the Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners (STEP) (specifically either the Trusts and Estates or the Will Writing Diploma)
- Have knowledge of Trust Law, Income Tax, Capital Gains Tax, Inheritance Tax and accounting principals
- Have the ability to deal with other professionals in the areas that we come into contact with during the administration of estates and trusts.
- A good knowledge of the software packages relating to the production of Wills is desired
- Have good communication skills in reporting to beneficiaries and Co-Executors and Trustees on the progress in connection with the administration of an Estate or Trust
- Have the technical accounting skills in preparing Executorship and Trust accounts that cover the history of the Estate or Trust. This requires innovative accounting, as there may be a multiplicity of interests and assets for beneficiaries.
- Full UK driving licence (client visits and/or visits to empty properties will be a requirement of the job holder)
9.00am – 5.30pm, Monday to Friday