Senior QA Automation Engineer
Remote (with occasional travel to Killik offices)
We require a Senior QA Automation Engineer to implement automation testing framework solutions and practices for the Firm’s intranet, Web and Mobile applications.
The postholder will establish test environments using in-depth technical analysis of both functional and non-functional specifications. Additionally, the postholder will support the QA Lead on requirements analysis, test plan, solution design including estimating, test execution and test reports.
- Build an automation framework for Intranet, Web and Mobile applications
- Interface with Test Data Management, Tools, Test Environment Management, Testing Standards, and QA/Dev teams on all Test Automation related issues.
- Providing clear and accurate documentation for the tests and test automation
- Collaboration with IT Dev, Digital and Project Teams
Competencies / Skillset
- Getting Things Done – Delivers on agreed objectives promptly; prioritises workload; remains professional under pressure.
- Communication & Sharing Knowledge – Confident, clear and accurate with all communication. Maintains accurate records and makes effective use of new technology.
- Customer Service – Positive attitude to find solutions in line with TCF principles. Uses customer feedback to improve service.
- Effectiveness & Adaptability – Able to maintain a high volume of work, striving for continual improvements. Understands individual contribution in relation to corporate objectives. Presents a positive image and approach to change.
- Team Working – Shares knowledge, skills and experience with colleagues; understands team goals; is cooperative and supportive of others.
Qualifications / Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- ISTQB Foundation Certification
- Relevant software Automation testing certifications and technical certifications
- Building E2E automation frameworks from scratch – rest services, mobile and web applications
- Experience of test planning, test strategy and test approach, particularly tailored to individual releases, will also be essential.
- Broad knowledge of Cloud services, STLC Tools, specifically Test, Build and CI/CD Automation tools and their utility – Open-Source and commercial.
- Running tests, collecting, and recording results, debugging to identify defect, root cause analysis and then retesting to prove that errors identified have been corrected.
- Experience across various test levels – smoke, functional, usability, system integration, performance, regression, and user acceptance
- Proficient in using test management tools for planning, execution, and reporting.
- Experience of using testing Test Management & Defect Management tools like JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint, or other similar tools.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong problem-solving & collaborative skills.
- Providing specialist advice to support others, including coaching and mentoring
- Some medium size (or larger) corporate experience (direct or contract)
- 5+ years of experience in QA Testing
- 4+ years of experience in Test Automation across various Technologies
- 3+ years of experience in end-to-end testing, REST API, Postman etc.
9.00am – 5.30pm, Monday to Friday