The Operational Risk & Control department monitors and controls many aspects of the Firm’s day-to-day activities; the CASS reconciliation function being one of them.
We require a Reconciliations Analyst to conduct the Firm’s reconciliation requirements, as set out by the FCA and the Client Asset Sourcebook. The post-holder will also be responsible for managing the processing of management fees and custody charges.
• Ensuring client money reconciliations are completed in a timely fashion.
• Assist with checking all reconciliation breaks and CASS breaches are raised with the team.
• Act as a contact point with Fund Managers to assist in the resolution of issues
• Escalate any client money related issues immediately so that the relevant action may be taken to stop or resolve a CASS breach in a timely manner
• Be responsible for all aspects of management fee and custody charge processing and posting and subsequent maintenance.
• Lead the implementation of a monthly charging cycle from a quarterly charging cycle
• Review and update CASS processes where required
Assist with other functions carried out by the department:
• Manage and monitor daily payment and journal cash movement requests submitted by Investment Managers and forward to our custodian for processing within strict time deadlines.
• Assist the Investment Managers with any queries arising from the daily processes of the Payments & Journals section.
• Monitoring of client debt positions and communication with Investment Managers to ensure debt position are cleared in a timely manner, imposing fines in appropriate circumstances.
• Managing and monitoring cash on Closed Accounts.
• Assist with monitoring of trades, commissions, stock positions and portfolios in line with the monitoring requirements of the department.
• Assist with Dealing Errors submitted by Investment Managers.
• Assisting in other areas of Killik & Co as and when necessary.
• Preparation of regular MI reporting for the Firm as well as the development of new MI reports as and when they arise.
• Getting Things Done
• Communication & Sharing Knowledge
• Customer Service
• Effectiveness & Adaptability
• Team Working
• Strong MS Excel skills (V-Lookups/Pivot Tables)
• Excellent attention to detail
• Proactive and solution-oriented
• Analytical and Problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• The ability to work independently and to use initiative when required
• A general understanding of payments and journals and movement of funds on clients’ accounts.
• Experience of working in a similar role within Financial Services
• Experience of risk management and process monitoring desirable
• Experience in an accounting environment desirable
• Good understanding of FCA CASS requirements and experience of applying it to day-to-day processes desirable
Between the hours of 8am and 5.30pm, i.e. 8am to 4.30pm or 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday
Get In Touch
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com with the subject title of the role you are applying for.
Before applying for any of our vacancies, please ensure that you have read and understood our Privacy Information Notice for Candidates. By submitting your CV and cover letter you confirm that you are happy for Killik & Co to process your personal information for the purpose of reviewing your job application.