We have an exciting opportunity for a QA Tester to join our IT Development system testing and QA team as a new member. The main purpose of the role is to participate in building and maintaining our existing test strategy and methodology and undertake manual and automated testing activities. To be part of the team, made up of Senior QA Analyst, Tech Lead, Developers and Delivery Manager. To be primarily responsible for testing mobile and web applications, assessing defects, liaising with team members during investigation and producing reports – but engagement on other applications is possible.
- Software Testing – Manual & Automated
- Assessing defects
- Liaising with team members and other stakeholders
- Producing reports
Competencies / Skillset
- Getting Things Done – Delivers on agreed objectives promptly; prioritises workload; remains professional under pressure.
- Communication & Sharing Knowledge – Confident, clear and accurate with all communication. Maintains accurate records and makes effective use of new technology.
- Customer Service – Positive attitude to find solutions in line with TCF principles. Uses customer feedback to improve service.
- Effectiveness & Adaptability – Able to maintain a high volume of work, striving for continual improvements. Understands individual contribution in relation to corporate objectives. Presents a positive image and approach to change.
- Team Working – Shares knowledge, skills and experience with colleagues; understands team goals; is cooperative and supportive of others.
Qualifications / Experience Required
- ISTQB Foundation Certification
- Demonstrable experience of conducting functional and non-Functional testing (including regression and non-regression testing) using appropriate tool set.
- Experience of testing mobile and Web applications and API testing using tools like RestAssured, Postman or similar.
- Experience of using testing Test Management & Defect Management tools like JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint or other similar tools.
- Good understanding of QA process, defining and implementing test designs.
- Experience of understanding system requirements and transforming them into test conditions and test cases.
- Checking and assessing requirements, including assessing testability of designs.
- Produce Integration Automation Test scripts, data and scenarios in accordance with the documented approach.
- Embed, Run and maintain the automated tests prescribed within the Automation Test Framework.
- Running tests, collecting, and recording results, debugging to identify defect, root cause analysis and then retesting to prove that errors identified have been corrected.
- Very good understanding of SDLC and STLC.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong problem-solving & collaborative skills.
- Knowledge of good programming practices.
- Experience in Automation testing framework.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification.
- Financial services (regulated) and private clients / retail environments.
Full-time (37.5 hours per week), Monday to Friday, remote working with the ability to travel to either the Mayfair or Ipswich office once a month.