We require a Portfolio Assistant/Fixed Income Analyst to provide support to the Fixed Income Service and conduct Fixed Income research.
Fixed Income Research:
• Contribute to the investment process for monitored fixed income ideas.
• Prepare initial qualitative and quantitative background information on selected new investment ideas for discussion with Head of Bond Research (HBR).
• Read and interpret company results – produce concise written summaries and investment conclusions on the monitored bond holdings.
• Assist in production and maintenance of due diligence reports (DDQs), research notes, various scanning tools, bonds lists and sample bonds portfolios.
Fixed Income Service – portfolio management support:
• Assist HBR in portfolio management functions including assessing bonds availability in the secondary market, securities trading, booking of trades, allocations to individual clients’ accounts.
• Participate in client and corporate meetings and step in to represent HBR when needed.
• Communicate with Investment Managers including responding to queries and providing updates on the FIS, individual corporate bond investments and FIS portfolios.
• Assist HBR in regular reviews of FIS portfolios.
• Build and maintain relationships with external contacts, including third-party research providers, rating agencies, external dealers, bookrunners and corporates.
• Maintain Fixed Income intranet ensuring it is kept up to date with latest stock comments and investment cases.
• Provide holiday cover for the HBR.
Competencies / Skillset
• Getting things done
• Communication & Sharing Knowledge
• Customer Service
• Effectiveness & Adaptability
• Team Working
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Willing to use initiative
• Strong numeracy skills
Qualifications / Experience Required
• Entrepreneurially minded, hard-working person, with strong academic credentials
• Proficiency in Excel
• Interest in and understanding of investment markets, particularly corporate bonds
• 2 years of relevant industry experience
• Experience of using FactSet and Bloomberg an advantage
8.00am – 5.30pm, Monday to Friday
Get In Touch
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title of the role you are applying for.
Before applying for any of our vacancies, please ensure that you have read and understood our Privacy Information Notice for Candidates. By submitting your CV and cover letter you confirm that you are happy for Killik & Co to process your personal information for the purpose of reviewing your job application.