Personal Tax Senior
We require a Personal Tax Senior to deal with the UK personal tax affairs of individuals, estates and trusts, and assist with the Firm’s annual reporting (CTC’s and CGT reports).
- Responsible for their own personal tax clients for Individuals, Sole Traders and trusts.
- Completion of tax returns, ensuring that they are submitted to the Inspector of Taxes by 31 January deadline.
- Advising all clients of their tax liabilities/repayments and ensuring that all tax liabilities requested by clients to be paid from their accounts are paid by the due dates.
- Raising invoices and drawing any fees due in respect of all taxation fees due, keeping the necessary records and reviewing debtors.
- Discussing with clients by way of the telephone or a meeting from time to time on various aspects of their taxation affairs.
- Setting up and maintaining client records on the taxation system software.
- Being able to manually calculate client’s Capital Gains Tax positions.
- Liaising with Investment Managers with regard to CGT.
- Maintaining the data within the CGT software.
- Compiling statistical data for the unit.
- Ensuring smooth production of Annual Tax Reports.
- Attending various courses for personal development.
- Providing technical support to other areas of the business as required.
- Making referrals to Wealth Planning and/or Investment Managers as appropriate.
- Overseeing the smooth running of the tax department alongside the tax manager.
- Keeping up to date with tax changes and relaying these to the Tax team and wider business where appropriate.
Competencies / Skillset
- Getting Things Done – Delivers on agreed objectives promptly; prioritises workload; remains professional under pressure.
- Communication & Sharing Knowledge – Confident, clear and accurate with all communication. Maintains accurate records and makes effective use of new technology.
- Customer Service – Positive attitude to find solutions in line with TCF principles. Uses customer feedback to improve service.
- Effectiveness & Adaptability – Able to maintain a high volume of work, striving for continual improvements. Understands individual contribution in relation to corporate objectives. Presents a positive image and approach to change.
- Team Working – Shares knowledge, skills and experience with colleagues; understands team goals; is cooperative and supportive of others.
Qualifications / Experience Required
The jobholder will:
- Have a broad understanding of UK personal tax and be willing to attend ongoing training in this area.
- Be responsible for ensuring they are up to date on current legislation surrounding self-assessment and all relevant tax/finance acts.
- Be able to handle delicate and sensitive situations
- Be a diligent and thorough worker.
- Be able to communicate effectively to clients, colleagues, and fellow professionals on complex issues.
- Be client aware.
- Aim to deliver the highest possible standard of service at all times.
- Be diligent and persistent in recognising and progressing new business.
9.00am – 5.30pm, Monday to Friday